Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pi in the Sky

I know I'm a bit late, but yesterday was Pi Day/Albert Einstein's birthday!  In honor of this occasion, I baked!

It's a Pi pie!  It was strawberry rhubarb crumb pie--I use past tense because it's gone 24 hours later--from Vegan Pie in the Sky, and the recipe is also available on PPK.  If you have never visited PPK before, go now!!!  Isa and Terry are vegan kitchen gods!  This was my very first pie, and it turned out Greek-letter perfect.  ::snort::

Speaking of pie, I decided to round up some Pi Day fashion for ya.  Here goes:


Ah, so clean and elegant, yet so nerdy at the same time.

If you need a little more mathematical precision, this cuff lists the first 480 digits of pi:


What's that?  You want an item that proudly celebrates both aspects of Pi displayed on comfortable, ethically-produced, philanthropic footwear?  Done.


There aren't any vegan Toms in his shop, but he'd probably make them if asked.  I might have to contact him to find out and get back to you.  I say you in case anyone decides to start reading this blog.  Right now it's a hypothetical you.  Helloooooo out there...

Anyway, if you're the wear-a-sign-on-my-chest type, this one's for you.


The image on the shirt is made using the first 100 digits of Pi.
 

Then there's the ThinkGeek version:


4493 digits of Pi.  Whoa.  

To close, here's an adorable brass pendant by nickhajewelry.  





Maybe it's just all this Pi--er, pie--I've eaten, but it looks like those Pi symbols are dancing.  How would Pi dance if it could dance?  What would it dance to?

Incidentally, this seller also has a pendant featuring Einstein's famous equation...say it with me...






In honor of Einstein's birthday, why not read something he wrote?  Sidelights on Relativity is available FOR FREE in the Kindle store!  Or you can just watch I.Q. again and say you read it.  I won't tell.


WAHOO!




No comments:

Post a Comment